Beer Kit – Bulldog Evil Dog American Double IPA
The Evil Dog IPA kits allow you to make a golden IPA with subtle fruity notes. If you like Brewdog’s Punk IPA which has seen a surge in popularity over the last year then the Evil Dog IPA kit is definitely for you.
What do you get when you purchase Evil Dog’s IPA Kit?
With a kit weight coming in just short of 5KG you will have the ingredients to make 23L at 7.1%. Inside the box, you get a big bag of Wort 2 packets of Hop pellets and 1 packet of dried yeast.
We recommend allowing the Wort to Aerate for at least 12 days before adding the hops and after that allow for a 14-day fermentation to ensure you get the most refreshing and crisp flavour this kit has to offer.
What extras will you need?
- A fermentation bucket which can hold a capacity of 27L, this must have an air-tight lid to prevent the air from contaminating your homebrew with air
- Air lock to ensure no air gets in or out during the fermentation process
- Syphon Tube
- Bottles or pressure barrels with S30 valve
Other optional equipment you may want to look at picking up is :
- Hydrometer (for checking fermentation progress)
- Heat tray or brew belt (if your room is too cold)
- Beer paddle (for stirring)
- A bag of Bulldog Carbonation Drops (2g each) to add some extra bubbles to your IPA.
What are the specifications of the finished IPA I should expect to see?
The IPA if brewed correctly should have the following characteristics:
- Alcohol percentage of 7.1%
- Bitterness level of anywhere between 40 & 45 EBU
- Colour that falls within the ranges of 12-17 EBC
If you have met all 3 of the criteria above then enjoy the refreshing taste of your very own home-brewed Evil Dog IPA!