Vyair RO-50MP Pumped 4-Stage Reverse Osmosis 50GBD – 189 Litres
Reverse osmosis is a water purification process designed to remove 98-99% of impurities from the water that enters the system. The DI (deionisation) stage on the unit polishes the water to further remove the impurities and bring the TDS (total dissolved solids) of the water to 0. This gives the user a blank canvas to build their chemistry and profile depending the on the beer they wish to brew.
This system is equipped with two pre-filtration stages. The first is a sediment cartridge made from spun polyester. It effectively reduces and removes sediments including sand, silt, dirt, rust, etc. The second is an extruded carbon block cartridge made from high-quality coconut shell activated carbon, which is designed to reduce and remove chlorine and volatile organic compounds.
The main filtration takes place on RO membrane, which reduces and removes 96-99% of all impurities from water. Waste water is poured into the drain.
The final ‘polishing’ stage is provided via mixed-bed ion-exchange resin. It consists of a carefully blended mixture of virgin raw materials, strong acid cation and strong base anion resins. It is widely recommended for all non-regenerable mixed-bed applications where reliable production of the highest quality water is required, and where the resin must have an absolute minimum of ionic and non-ionic contamination before it is used. Any pre-contamination in the resin will reduce its overall lifespan, so a high quality resin will last longer.
This unit comes complete with colour-change MB-115 resin which turns from green to yellow when it has expired, meaning you have a visual indicator of when your resin will need replacing. Ordinary resin usually requires to be checked with a TDS meter, however colour-change resin means you can tell at a glance when it is time to renew the resin.
This system has a factory-fitted electric pump supporting the input water pressure. Raising the water pressure in the system maximizes the efficiency of the osmotic membrane and thus ensures good performance from the RO system. If your water pressure is less than 2.8 bar then a system with a pump is highly recommended. The pump supplied with this system is very effective and has been designed for many years of efficient service. Moreover the pump is very quiet. You have to listen closely to know if it is working.
It is offered as a complete set with filter cartridges, RO membrane, DI resin, additional accessories and valves to prevent the membrane from becoming dried out.
*pH of water after RO system depends on source water.
- System dimensions (H x W x D): 370 x 472 x 170 (mm)
- Working Temp.: 5°C – 40°C (41ºF – 104ºF)
- Operating Pressure: 2.8 bar (40 psi) – 6.0 bar (90 psi) If your incoming water pressure is above 4 bar a pressure regulator should be installed.
- Inlet feed water connector: 1/4”
- Flow rate: 50 gallons-per-day
- Typical Rejection Rate: 98% TDS (Total Dissolved Solids)
- TDS (Total Dissolved Solids) < 1800 ppm
- pH Parameters: 2 – 11
- Iron: 0.2 ppm maximum
- Turbidity < 5 NTU
- Flow: 0.6 l/min
- Model: TYP-2500
- Max. inlet pressure: 25 psi
- Max. outlet pressure: 80.0 psi
- Dimensions (H x W x L): 25cm x 7cm x 7cm
- Working Current: 0.65A
- Power: 24V/DC
- Transformer Ampage: 2A
Recommendations for Use:
- Point-of-Use (POU) systems will reduce all unwanted contaminants that find their way into ground water supplies, directly affecting the quality of commercial and domestic mains water.
- Recommended especially for use with hydroponics and sensitive aquatic organisms requiring water that has been purged of dissolved solids and other particulate matter found in untreated water.
- Ideal also for household use, perfect for small families, kitchen compact and will easily fit into any under counter space
Complete Package Contains:
- The RO-50MP is supplied with the following cartridges: PP, CTO
- TYP-2500 50GPD pump
- FDA approved water filter housings (including o’rings)
- Feed water connector (can be fitted to copper mains water pipe)
- RO membrane element type: RO-1812-50 thin film composite
- Drain saddle valve, spanners for filter and RO housings
- 10″ transparent housing for DI resin chamber
- 630ML litre MB-115 mixed-bed colour-change DI resin
- 1/4″ tubing for system connection (5 metres)
- 300cc flow restrictor, automatic and manual flush switch
- Automatic shut-off valve
- Instructions manual
STAGE, PART#, COMPONENT, FUNCTION:
- PP – 10″ sediment cartridge (pre-filter) melt-blown polypropylene. 5 micron sediment filter traps dirt, sediment, rust and other particulate matter.
- CTO – 10″ coconut shell carbon cartridge (pre-filter). Activated carbon block filter is used to reduce chlorine, colour, taste, odour and other organic impurities.
- 50GPD Membrane – Thin film composite reverse osmosis membrane (50 GPD – US Gallons), 0.0001 micron. Semi-permeable membrane reduces salts, minerals, metals, bacteria, viruses, cysts, TDS, hardness, fluoride, pesticides, lead, mercury, cadmium, arsenic and more. Due to the time needed to remove all these ingredients we strongly recommend purchasing a water storage tank with your RO system.
- MB-115 Colour Change Resin – Mixture of cation and anion de-ionisation resin combined in a 40/60 blend. Mixed-bed demineralizer is used for final water polishing to clean the last few ions within water prior to use. A single pass through a mixed-bed ion-exchange column results in the purest water that can possibly be made.
Important: Do not use with water that is micro-biologically unsafe or of unknown quality without adequate disinfection before or after the system. Water filtration systems can help reduce the presence of contaminants. In addition, some water filtration systems can help reduce the presence of micro-organisms or other contaminants that pose potential health risks. Regularly scheduled maintenance and replacement of the filter cartridges is recommended in order for the product to perform as specified.
As with all RO diaphragm pumps they are not designed for 24/7 operation and you need to rest the pump for 30 minutes every 4 hours. This can be achieved using a low cost plug-in timer.